Photobucket

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Alternate Ending One

Last J-term, I was taking an advanced fiction writing class with Dr. Crenshaw. One of his tasks was for us to write three alternate endings and three alternate beginning to our stories.

This is one of the endings I left behind...but I decided it is a good ending, just maybe not for this particular story.

So, here it is, breathing for the first time on its own.

"But really, we had done more than survived. We had lived, spend moments in which our lives transcended the oxygen flowing into our lungs and the blood pumping through our hearts. We had, in these moments, gone beyond the involuntary actions that constitute existing. We had made movements, extended our bodies and minds to instigate the voluntary--and until that year, missing--acts of love. These actions, difficult and long-winded and beautiful, constituted our annus miribilis, the year of wonders that brought me home."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<
Real Time Web Analytics